Sunday, August 26, 2012

Oh no, I'm turning into my mother

There are few things I enjoy more than doing Eliseo's laundry.  I love having to change his outfits several times a day so that I can get through all of his cute stuff faster (although I'm too practical to change them unless they are actually dirty).  But what has me realy freaking out is that now I've started ironing eveything too.  I haven't ironed my own laundry since I've been working full time from home...but I love ironing every last thing of his, including blankets and sheets.  My friends used to make fun of my mom for ironing our underwear and socks....but now I find myself with a loaded iron....GAH!!!!  But now I love how it looks....his receiving blankets all folded up perfectly, burp cloths (I told you I have a problem), towels, washcloths....I need an ironers anonymous.  Maybe I'm turning into my mother, it wouldn't be such a bad thing.  I'm actually jealous these days when I go into her linen closet and it's so pretty.  She rotates sheets...puts the clean ones on the bottom, and keeps the sets on the same rotation, so you can grab a fitted sheet from the fitted sheet pile (and the fitted ones are perfectly folded and flat!), a flat sheet from the flat sheet pile, and 2 pillowcases from the pillowcase pile, and they all match.  I wish I had that kind of patience, motivation and diligence.  Maybe having Eliseo is all I needed to get my sheets together...Hahaha....OK that was funny, you have to admit it :p.


 

 

No comments: