Saturday, August 18, 2012

God gave me the best gift.

Happy birthday to Mommy!  Yesterday was my 38th (ugh) birthday, it was a pretty good one.  I haven't made a big deal over my birthday in a while, usually for me the best ones are the quiet ones.  I went to work, had a busy day there, then went to my yoga class (where they sang happy birthday to me during the triangle pose, LOL), and went out to dinner with Mom, Glenn and Eliseo.  But it was a day of gratitude for me.  Days go by as we go through life, and sometimes I get so busy, I forget to take a look around and realize how wonderful mine is.  It's days like yesterday that cause me to take the step back and really realize how blessed I am.  I have an awesome husband that I'm totally in love with, this amazing child that has taken over our lives, and a family that loves us all, near and far.  Does it get better?  I got some nice gifts for my birthday, but God gave me the best gift of all: our miracle Eliseo and the life that I am living.  Below are a couple of pictures at dinner, the promised family picture (although E wasn't interested in looking at the camera) and a pic with Mom.  Life is good, God is good!


No comments: