Monday, February 18, 2013

Boycotting Babies R Us!

Ugh I am done with this store!  I would recommend shopping elsewhere to all of the people I care about.  Why? Let me tell you my first reason.  Have you ever tried using a "coupon" from Babies R Us? I've tried on mutiple occasions but I've yet to succeed!  I've brought a cart full of stuff with a 20% coupon to use on 1 item....and gone home with the coupon.  They inundate my email, phone and mail with coupons but they need a whole booklet to list the exclusions. Its a joke.  But here's what happened today:

My mom bought Eliseo this super cute monkey to hang on his door. If you know my mom, she finishes her Christmas shopping by August every year. Heck, I think she's done the August the year before the year that she gives you the gift. Suffice it to say, she's done early. I was about to hang the monkey on the door when I noticed it has a chip on its head.  I thought that they would gladly allow me to exchange my damaged item for an undamaged one...HA. I don't know why I thought this based on the service I have received in the past. I drove 20 miles with Mr. Monkey and when I got to the store, I brought the new monkey to the cashier to do a like for like exchange.  She said "Oh sorry, this is the newest version so I can't do an even exchange."  I looked at the monkeys. They were exactly the same. The only difference was the dang cardboard that he was hanging on.  She said " I can return this one for $4 and the new one rings in at $16 ."  Are you F-ing kidding me???  I tried to talk sense into this cashier for 10 minutes...but she said there was nothing she could do. Sure. Nothing. Lame. I mean, I guess Babies R Us doesn't believe in doing the right thing for their customers.  I'm just done walking out of there all pissed off. So I sent an email to their corporate office explaining my grievance and how I will never shop there again, and how I will encourage ALL of my friends not to shop there.  So....DON'T SHOP THERE!! I think it irritates me the most because I registered there and brought them plenty of business. Ok rant over.

Want to hear something cute? I went to the gym today, I like to go to classes and they have child care, so I dropped E off so I could go do my class.  When I came back to get him, he was sitting up and all the babysitters and kids were sitting in a circle around him, he was cracking them all up.  They gave him a matchbox car and he just loved it. He loved eating it. Then he would laugh at it. I had hoped he wasn't going to be cranky cuz he didn't get a very long afternoon nap today, but they told me  he was just so good the whole time. Him and his charm!! I wad reading him his bedtime book "Bear's Birthday" and there is a part at the end where you count the balloons. I was counting them and I looked at his hand, he was making his fingers "point" when I would count them.  He is so smart!

I feel like there's more I want to say but it's time to wrap up and get ready for bed. Nite peeps!

No comments: