Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Taking another trip

Airplane trip #3 for the Big E...I wish I could say it was under happier circumstances, but we are going to say our final goodbyes to my grandmother. She passed last Saturday morning. Arrangements had to be made to transport her from Michigan to New Jersey. This will be trip #2 for Eliseo to see our New Jersey family. We are also planning a trip in the summer, he is getting to be a regular in that part of the country. Incidentally, we also have a super cool totally awesome vacation planned to a tropical destination, but I will write about that when I'm feeling a little more cheerful.  So, off to New Jersey we go.  I'm happy to have the opportunity to see all of my family again. We are a tight knit group. This time I will get to see family from both Mom and Dad's side. I plan on giving my arms a rest as everyone passes Eliseo around.

Update on the dailies: the growth spurt seems to have ceased momentarily. We did 4 days of white potato which went over well and today we started peaches. I decided to cook everything in one big pot, so it all kind of tastes the same...pears, peaches and asparagus. In retrospect, the asparagus would have been better in its own pot. Oh well. I also brought cauliflower, which will be up after the peaches. Still no reactions, although I'm still questionable on the pureed turkey.

Today E and I got our flu shots. This is actually his 2nd (first was at 6 month checkup). It hasn't made me feel sick yet, here's hoping I only have a sore arm. E seems to be fine so far too. We both are sporting Tweety Bird bandaids.  People go back and forth on whether to get a flu shot or not, but with E being so sick the other day I felt guilty when I thought it might be the flu, that I possibly could have prevented it. And, as we are finding out, whatever he gets, we get (illness wise). Im on my second cold this month.

Still no crawling but lots of rocking and floor time. For a couple of nights when he was sick, he was fighting sleep and rocking and rolling all over his crib. Call it foreshadowing, I can only imagine how hard bedtime will be when he is mobile.

He will be 9 months on Friday (O.M.G) so we have a checkup on February 11. I will post stats.

So there it is...all caught up!

No comments: