Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pukey pukey the turkey!

Hmmm. We were doing so well. And I don't know if I can really blame the turkey. That's just what he happened to be eating at the time.

This morning I could not get my little guy to wake up! We had to be at daycare at 8 and at 7 he was still fast asleep. I picked him out of his crib and he ate, but he was definitely sleep eating. Dropped him off and Glenn picked him up this afternoon. He didn't take his usual snooze in the car on the way home, so it didn't surprise me when he took a nice long nap this afternoon from 2-5. He had been sniffling after getting back from daycare so I decided he must be getting another cold. Thus, I felt bad for him that he couldn't breathe while he was eating. So I took him out of his seat and held him in my lap...And then it happened. He puked up everything in his tummy. I mean I saw breakfast. Who knows, maybe even yesterday's dinner. And guess who got totally puked on? Rite of passage, one could say.  But then I got really nervous because a fever came on so suddenly and spiked to 101 in no time.  So what did this mom do (and I didn't puke when puked on)? I gave him some baby Tylenol, I got some down but when he gagged and threw a little back up, I didn't give him the rest of the dose. And it worked. His fever broke and he is comfortably sleeping up in his crib as I write this. Took his temp before bed and it came back at 98.8. Score another one for Mom.  So tomorrow, he gets to stay home with me.   :)

Fast and furious, whatever came is gone now. And hopefully stays away. And I threw away the rest of the turkey (only half a serving left anyway).

No comments: