Thursday, January 17, 2013

Got milk.

Notice this is a statement and not a question; yes I do got it! This is a topic I will probably only write about (in detail anyway) once.

I love nursing. Eliseo loves nursing. Together we make a mean nursing machine!  My initial goal was to breastfeed until he was a year old, but now I'm aiming for 18 months. As long as he doesn't bite when he gets teeth. I can't think of a more God-given way to feed my child; it amazes me! My body was made to know when he is hungry, how much he needs to eat, the right temperature the food needs to be, and best of all I never run out!

The good things:
- breastmilk provides just the right amount of fat, sugar, water and protein to make his body grow.

- breastmilk is easier for him to digest than formula.

-breastmilk fights disease:  asthma, obesity, diabetes, childhood leukemia, also respitory infections and SIDS.

-amazing bonding time.

-it's way less messy!

-you burn a bunch of calories!

-it's FREE!!!

The bad thing:

PUMPING!!!

Oh how I hate pumping. I have a love/hate relationship with my breast pump. I love it because it helps me with my supply and relieves me when Eliseo doesn't nurse. But I hate the actual pumping! Boooo! Oh well, I deal with it.

I'm proud to say that I've made it over 8 months, I hope to at least double that!

And now...a totally unrelated to the topic picture. Thank goodness for that!

No comments: