Sunday, June 30, 2013

Grammy's here!

Grammy' back in town, that can only mean one thing....Eliseo is getting covered in kisses!  We were very busy this weekend, it's been non-stop action and I can't believe it's Sunday night already. 

We started off Friday night with my favorite:  a free concert in the park!  But not without my other favorite:  a trip to Chill frozen yogurt YUM!!  We hit the ice cream place and took it to go down to Windjammer Point for a night of Rock N Roll Oldies (mine held up but my mom's turned to soup..BOO!).  What a gorgeous night it turned out to be...not too hot or humid which has been hard to come by lately.  Although I kept Eliseo out a little later than when I do during the week, he enjoyed the live music and Grammy's company.  He's always such a good boy.

Saturday, we started off with a nice walk around the neighborhood in the morning.  Glenn took a nap with E in the late morning, so Mommy got some me time.  I went shopping :), actually took my time looking through racks, trying things on, it was very nice...and  bought some stuff too!  Too bad it starting raining in the afternoon, I wanted to take E to the pool but it actually got a little cold and the timing didn't seem right.  We went to church and then to Grammy's apartment pool party (even though we didn't go in the pool). The rain chilled out thank goodness, we had some good eats, took pictures in the photo booth and my mom even won the grand prize for the raffle, which was money off of her rent WOOHOO!  We had to stay until 10pm to collect that prize, so again, E was up late but we went home right after and he was asleep before his head even hit the pillow (well he doesn't really sleep with a pillow yet). 

Today we met Aunt Donna and Aunt Janie at Forest Park for a run.  Temps were great (low 70's) for a good run.  I felt good, getting really strong pushing the 30 pound stroller during a 6 mile run.  I'm so happy that running is becoming part of my life again.  It's a love/hate relationship, but really I have missed it.  Then we headed over to Grammy's again...we were going to go swimming  but again, it was cooler and rainy.  Finally we decided to go in the afternoon when the sun was out in between showers.  Just a little while in the pool, I didn't bring any of E's rafts, it was more of a test run to see how he would enjoy the pool.  And he loved it.  He did one of his favorite things:  SPLASHED!!  After swimming, we took another little shopping trip and then grabbed a bite to eat.  We played a lot with Grammy before we left for the night, again my little man all tuckered out by a busy day of fun. 

Now it's time for me to join Eliseo in sleepy land...night peeps! 

1 comment:

AliciaQ said...

I love the "See Giraffe, EAT Giraffe" pictures! Miss you friend, reading your blog always makes me sad because we are not raising our kids together. Your a great mommy!