Sunday, December 16, 2012

Prayers.

We had another nice weekend overall. I've been feeling sentimental since Friday thinking about the shooting in CT. Now that I'm a mommy, I can't imagine ever losing Eliseo. I can't imagine what those poor parents are going through. When I was younger I used to think that I didn't want to bring a child into this messed up world. So many tragedies. A failing economy. What is the earth going to look like when E is my age? Will there even be grass or trees? Will there be a horrible natural disaster That affects him in his lifetime? Will there be a war on US soil? But as I got older, I realized that there are a lot of good things in this world, and I can raise my children to bring more goodness and happiness. I feel lately like people are putting pressure on me to not hold Eliseo so much, but I dont care the consequences of holding him too much. After something so horrific, I just want to love and cuddle my baby.
That's really it for today. Some things on the horizon to look forward to: looks like Eliseo should be crawling soon, and I've been spending lots of time on the floor with him showing him that he really can sit up on his own. as always, when something happens, I will post!

Sending my prayers to CT.

No comments: