Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas traditions

Sorry for the blogger slackage! As Christmas here closer I find myself more and more behind! I can't believe Christmas is in a week. So we finally put up our big tree upstairs, we are a little limited on space on our main level and since my sister and her husband and kids will be having Santa visit them at our house this year too, I decided to put a 4 ft tree up on top of our corner cocktail table instead of having to move furniture in the living room to fit the tree. But, I still insisted that we put up the big tree up in the loft upstairs. I just felt like the small tree was cheating. We still will open presents in the living room though,  since more bodies can fit in it. We had some fun putting up the big tree as a family. We put on Christmas music (country Christmas), I put Eliseo in the front pack,  Glenn handed me the ornaments and Eliseo and I put them on the tree. Of course,  E had to inspect each one first; I would explain what it was to him and, if it was a special one, I told him the story behind it. Then,  he would try to eat it and I had to remind him each time: don't eat it! We danced around to Rudolph and Jingle Bells, and sang along to each song. Ive decided that we are going to start a family tradition....Christmas movie night! Each year, we will get dressed in our warm cozy jammies, make some hot cocoa, pop some popcorn and watch a Christmas movie (or 2) by the lights of the Christmas tree. I would love to make it the same movie every year: A Christmas Carol...maybe we can vary the second one. I love traditions and I feel like it's time to start this new one. Something to look forward to every year. Maybe we'll even come up with a few more.

I didn't take any pictures, sadly of us working on the tree, but I did take some of E around the house with some of the decorations. I'll be sure to get some with the big beautiful tree.

No comments: