Saturday, September 21, 2013

Shower Woes

It used to be easier taking a shower.  Eliseo used to sit in his bouncy seat when he was a baby, and his exercauser when he was a little older while I was showering.  Now he is mobile and he wont sit in a seat...not patiently, anyway.  So, I stock up the bathroom with a bunch of his favorite toys to keep him busy, but he wants to play with the more non-conventional toys.  Such as:

1.  The toilet.  I must remember to put down the lid or he'll be all up in it.  He hasn't figured out that the lid lifts up yet (can't wait for that day), but he does like to bang things on the lid.

2.  The toilet paper.  You know, it never rolls back the same.

3.  The trash can.  It has a swivel lid.  It's so much fun to reach in and pull stuff out.

4.  The door stopper.  We've had to remove all of the caps off of them though, cuz he puts them in his mouth.  So, it works to protect the wall, but not so much the door.

5.  The cabinets.  I've removed anything dangerous, but he loves to get into my pads...LOL.  Fine by me, can't really do any harm :)

And when all that fails (you'd be surprised how quickly he goes through everything), he just stands outside the shower and talks to me.  Which, in all actually, isn't so bad as long as there is no whining or crying. 

Sigh....I miss the days of long, hot, uninterrupted showers.  

A few new pics...til next time!

No comments: