Saturday, May 18, 2013

No Snappy Title

**Big sigh**

Well, the little boogar is sleeping.  I put him down on the early side today...put him down as in 'bed", not put him down as like you would do to an impaired horse.  Now that we have that clear.  I have a secret....between you and me (no I'm not pregnant).  I don't like putting my baby to sleep.  I would rather him stay up all night so I can play with him.  We have the best times at night playing on the floor before he goes to sleep.  I devote all of my attention to him; no cleaning (I know it's rough), no Facebook, no TV, just me laying on the floor next to him while he shows me all his toys and crawls over me time and time again.  I cherish these times.  So, I hate it when they have to end.  But I have to be the responsible parent...BOOOOO.  Do I have to?  Can't I just be my baby's best friend?  He was ready for bed today though.  I left him with Glenn this afternoon while I went to a meeting.  Eliseo was so tired, Glenn had worked last night and was working tonight so it was his prime sleeping time.  I kept Eliseo up all morning instead of putting him down for his usual nap, but it didn't work this time.  Sometimes it doesn't I guess.  But, he took a nice, long one for me when I got back from my meeting, LOL.  Oh, my little man.  I just love him so much.  Yeah, I really don't have anywhere to go with this...

I realized last night that E hasn't been waking up and standing in the middle of the night.  It happens when his teeth are coming in, so he must be getting a bit of a break.  It never fails that when he does wake up, it's right when I'm going to bed.  But, I know he's not going to stay up all night, so it's just a matter of time until he lays down and goes back to sleep.  Oh, did I mention that he gets up and stands?  I wonder if he does it after I've fallen asleep but I don't get up.  I'm a pretty heavy sleeper.  At least I know he is safe in his crib. 

OK, I guess I'll end your misery at my pointlessness.   Maybe he'll do something exciting that I can update you all with.  Until then....Mommy's getting another glass of wine.  Cheers!

No comments: