Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day and Laundry Week

Mother's Day #2!  Although #1 was only by about 11 days...and I was still in the new mommy haze.  This one I was fully alert and enjoyed every bit of it!  I won't tell you all the deets, but I do have a funny story for you. 

In the afternoon I met Donna and her daughters to go running at Creve Coeur Lake.  It was a gorgeous day and there were a lot of people out walking, running, biking.  I had E in the jogging stroller and he was wearing a new pair of shoes.  As I was running, one of his shoes fell off and I didn't notice.  Enter shirtless, muscley snake tattoo guy:  MA'AM, MA'AM, YOU LOST A SHOE!! .  Me:  Oh thanks!  I couldn't turn around with the big jogging stroller right away with all the traffic coming in the other direction.  Shirtless, snake tattoo guy:  I'LL GET IT!!!!.  He drops his bike.  Like, drops it so hard the wheels are still spinning...I looked like an expensive bike too!  Runs back to get the shoe and delivers it to me.  Thanks shirtless snake tattoo guy....my hero.  I've never experienced such a muscley guy who cared so much about a shoe...LOL.  It made me laugh.

I got some great gifts, Eliseo made me a cool key chain at day care and he helped Daddy pick out a pendant that matches the earrings he gave me for Christmas.  They are Eliseo's birthstone, very thoughtful Daddy!  We just stayed in for dinner a Glenn barbequed some chicken drumsticks for me, which made me think of being a kid again. 

Also, it was annual laundry week at the Lyons' house...where I finally do all the laundry in the house to the bottom of every hamper.  You know...finding all of the matches to lonely socks (well most, anyway) and coming across the shirt that you bought and wore once....oh yeah, I remember this shirt?  No?  Not you?  Only me?  Hmm...well, I really dont enjoy laundry so I was very proud to get it all done.

Ok, well...picture time!

No comments: