Sunday, April 14, 2013

I Like Me Some Cake

Yesterday we went to our neighbors birthday party for their 4 year old. We've been to some birthday parties this year, but I kind of feel like this is the first one that Eliseo was a little more able to take part in.  At first all the kiddos were outside in the yard running around. I put E in the grass, at first he was like...uh...what is this stuff....then he caught on and took off crawling. I didn't want to be too overprotective but it was giving me heart palpitations every time I would see the older kids running his way. I mean, there were some near misses of him being trampled. But he survived. And...he had his first taste of birthday cake. He liked it...but man talk about a sugar high! It was pretty funny. He was moving faster than I've ever even. And the laughing...nonstop and hilarious! I figured it was good practice for the fiesta! We have another party next weekend so bring it on! He's gonna be a cake eating pro by the time his party rolls around.

He pretty much passed out when we got home, but those darn teeth stated bothering him at around 3am.  His gums are swollen so he is definitely about to cut one our two. So he woke up screaming and I let the standard 10 minutes go by...and no let up. So I let Glenn go pick him up. Glenn can stand letting him cry for any amount of time. An hour later he was still crying and stuffing his hands in his mouth so Glenn put him in the car seat and took him for a ride. That finally did the trick but today we are all exhausted. I just pray tonight isn't a repeat. Teeth really suck.

No comments: