Sunday, March 24, 2013

Snow Day!!

No, I'm not really happy about this.  I work from home, people.  I won't get out of work tomorrow.  I had a thought to get Eliseo bundled up and go out and play in it, but then I realized we would just be cold and wet.  Why did we love playing in the snow so much as kids?  I remember when I was in high school, I'd get home from school and get out the snowblower and shovel and have the driveway cleared by the time my parents got home from work.  Including the plow pile at the bottom.  How awesome was I?  I'd even do the neighbor's driveway.  So, E and I have been sitting around in our jammies, playing on the floor as usual.  We have company coming today and I have to make one more run to the store, but I'm in no hurry.  I may wait for it to slow down out there, although its supposed to snow until tomorrow.  But it has to slow down, right?  I'd prefer to run out when Glenn is awake before he leaves for work so that I don't have to drive with Eliseo.

We had a busy day yesterday, running errands all afternoon.  We also went to church at 4:30.  Did I tell you I have the best baby in the world?  I forgot to grab the diaper bag, which had some yogurt cuz it was going to be time to eat around 5, and toys to keep him busy.  So, we had none of that.  He played with the car seat and my phone, and towards the end of the service he just fell asleep.  We went home and I fed him dinner then we went to Sam's Club.  As we were shopping through the store, I kept talking to him and putting my face into his hands, and he was cracking up.  I don't know what was so funny about that, but I could hear his squeals and laughter echoing throughout the store.  It was loud.  I don't know if people thought it was cute or annoying, but I didn't care.  Better than crying.  We got home around 8pm, so we played for a few minutes and he went right to sleep when I put him down. 

I've noticed today that he's been trying to get his feet under him when he pulls himself up to his knees.  He is a master at crawling now, but I think he'll be pulling himself up and standing pretty soon.  He can take his time though, I'm not in a hurry.  He "talks" a lot with his "bas" and "goos" and the famous "Maaaaa" cry. No real words to speak of yet.  Just a ton of cuteness.

Update on Operation:  Look Hot for Jamaica, I've just been doing the Isagenix meal replacement shakes twice a day and a snack in between, then healthy-ish dinner.  In a week, I lost 3 pounds, so I'm happy with that!  I feel great, the shakes really do keep me full, which never really happened with any other meal replacement crap I've used before (which isn't much, cuz I'm not really much of a dieter).  I haven't done much extra exercise, but I feel like I have a lot of energy and am feeling great about myself in general.  I haven't re-measured the inches yet, I'll do that on day 11.  I really like it though, and Glenn likes it too, so that tells you something. 

That's about it for now!

No comments: