Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Daily Grind

Yep, back to our normal. I used to think normal was boring, that life was about the moments that were out of the norm...but now I like good old predictable normal.  I guess normal makes you appreicate extraordinary and vice versa. Anyway...enough of my philosophy.  Today was a normal beginning to a normal week, probably the first full week of normal we've had in a while.  E cut a new tooth, up top to the left of his front tooth....that's tooth #7. And it is causing him the same pain and discomfort as the first 6. I gave him Tylenol before bed yesterday but he still woke up in agony at around 430. I tried to let him cry it out but I could tell he was in pain. So I went up, Orajelled him and then cuddled with him on the couch. He didn't fully go back to sleep until about 7.. so I slept past my alarm but what the heck, we don't do daycare on Mondays so I just enjoyed the extra bit of sleep.

We've been experimenting with all kinds of foods lately, I've been trying to give him proteins for each meal and at least a veggie for dinner and fruit throughout the day. Although, I do find myself giving him a fair amount of pasta and some kind of sauce.  And cheese.  This kid can take out a ham sandwich like you've never seen.  Its hard to be creative with food for the little guy, but I dont want him to eat a bunch of processed stuff ir the same things every day.  He usually ends up helping G or I finish off whatever we choose to eat. One thing is certain, he loves food.

E and I went for a walk in the park tonight. Its been a little muggy but not too bad today. I'm thinking of taking a half day on Wednesday and taking him to the pool. We are working on our tans so we don't fry in Jamaica. We've been walking a lot lately.  I also started up my Bikram yoga classes again...bring on the torture! Naa...its really not bad....the yoga part is awesome. The smoldering heat..well I'm getting used to it again.  Its worth it for the last few pounds.  And I haven't passed out or vomited yet, despite some close calls.

And that's all I got folks.  I know its not the mind shattering blog post you might have been looking for, but that's just normal life for ya.

No comments: