Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Daddy's Buddy

Well we didn't take the baby to daycare today, we decided since he sleeps so much during the day that the first few months we would just do 2 or 3 days a week.  Both Daddy and baby woke up a little earlier than usual today so Glenn took him to his favorite "toy stores" i.e. Lowe's and Harbour Freight.  Glenn thinks it's hysterical that when he asks Eliseo if he wants to go to Harbour Freight, he smiles and giggles right back at him.  Looks like he's going to take after Daddy's handy man side.  They spent much of the morning together, giving me the time I needed to get some work done.  I was planning on doing my yoga class in the evening (gone for another 3 hours) so I decided to give Glenn a break in the afternoon and take the baby up in my office.  He was catching up on his morning sleep that he sacrificed to go play at what is apparently his favorite store already.  He was very good and quiet, and even when he wasn't sleeping, he was very content to watch the Olympics.  His favorite (women's gymnastics) wasn't on, but he was happy enough with men's water polo.  I even had a meeting with my manager and he was quiet the whole time.  I put him in the front pack on my lap again towards the end of the day and again, he fell asleep dangling over the top of it.  So this proves that so far, we made the right decision to keep him home a few days out of the week.  At least until he gets a little older.  What an angel baby!

Let me tell you about my Baby Daddy, and how in love he is with his mini-me.  Oh boy, this kid has got Daddy wrapped around his cute little finger.  I'm so lucky that I have such a great, supportive Baby Daddy (and, oh yeah, husband).  I don't know what I would do without him.  Eliseo is a very lucky boy.

More adventures are on the horizon this week, as I "work" my way back into my job, pun intended.  Eliseo will already be 3 months old tomorrow, I can't believe how fast the time has gone.  I wasn't sure if I was going to do 3 month professional pictures, but I think definitely yes.  Nothing major, just a pose or two.  I want naked pictures with crocheted hats.  Look forward to that blackmail material.  All for now...g'nite!!

No comments: