Monday, July 30, 2012

Day #1 Daycare: Mommy's back to work!


Today was my first day back to work!  I was oddly feeling happy and excited this morning, that's good, right?  Eliseo was up so late last night, he just didn't want to go to sleep.  I told him about going to daycare and I think he was very excited to go and make new friends.  Finally at around 1:30am he gave in and caught some zzzzzzzz's.  He did sleep all night until my alarm went off at 6am, so that's always a win!  We woke up at 6am, nursed, and then got ready for our big day.  Glenn worked last night, so he was home at 7 and we braved the drop off together.  We loaded up our precious cargo in the truck and we were off!  Eliseo, of course, slept the whole way there. 

I was feeling so fortunate today, that I have a great job that allows me to work from home 100%.  But we decided a few months ago that we were going to bring him to my friend Janelle for 1/2 day daycare.  She runs daycare in her home.  I hear it's very difficult to arrange half days, and Janelle is totally flexible with us.  I feel like this situation is so perfect because Glenn is home in the afternoons, and I just need my mornings free to get some uninterrupted time. The plan is: 1.  I wake up and get the baby ready; 2.  Glenn takes baby to daycare at 8am; 3.  I get some work done; 4.  I pick baby up on my lunch; 5.  Glenn watches baby in the afternoon (unless he is being his good baby self, then I will keep him in my office with me and let Glenn sleep).  I'd say the plan worked out pretty well today.

We dropped Eliso off promptly at 8am to Janelle, and it felt totally comfortable!  Yay!!! No breakdowns, no tears from me or him!!  He was sleeping when we dropped him off there, and he slept until 11am (that's my boy!!!).  He woke up to eat from 11-11:45 and was sleeping again when I picked him up at 12. Since he was still sleeping by the time I got home, I brought him up in the office with me.  He woke up to eat at around 2pm, and after I fed him I put him in my front pack and sat him on my lap so I had both hands free to type as needed.  He fell asleep in the front pack (LOL see picture above) and was dangling there as I caught up on what I missed the last 13 weeks.  I guess he's not ready for a full time job yet.  He slept all the way until 6:30pm, what a sleepyhead!  So here's hoping that he'll go to sleep tonight! 

Day #1 Daycare is considered a success!  YAY!!!!

No comments: